SCAE Barista Skills:
An intensive program teaching a deeper knowledge of coffee, espresso production, milk, and key barista skills.
WHO’S IT FOR?
- The course is suitable for those already familiar with barista work wanting to consolidate their skills. Ideally the course is best taken after the Foundation Barista Course
THE COURSE IN DETAIL
- Understanding your beans: species, origin, processing and roast
- Workspace management: laying out your equipment efficiently
- Fully understanding your “on demand” and traditional grinders
- Effective dosing distribution and tamping
- Understanding how to extract a “balanced” espresso
- Some basic science about milk
- Producing excellent “microfoam“
- Essential latte art skills
- Preparing a full range of drinks on the barista’s menu at speed
- Hygiene and , Health & Safety for baristas
- Customer service for baristas
- Basic machine maintenance
- Understanding your drinks profit margins
- Lunch (provided each day – let us know any dietary requirements)
- The two days include lots of practical experience using a range of quality espresso equipment. Training notes are provided.
Max Class Size: 6
Time: 09:30-17:00 (2 Days)
Cost: £400 per person
Certificate: €80-SCAE Members / €150 Non Members (Optional)